Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter for about a month now and for the most part, it's been working pretty well. The initial setup was a little rocky until I un-paired my phone from my truck's stereo system. Also, you have to make sure the phone's Bluetooth & wifi are turned on. I drive 3 and a half hrs a day round trip to work and back. During this past month of use, I've only had it disconnect a few times. Not sure why this happens, but it will usually reconnect by itself after a minute or so. if not then I'll unplug the dongle from the USB port and reconnect it. This has always worked so far. Also, if someone else gets into the vehicle whose phone is paired to the sound system and the system connects to their phone before the Carlinkit kit does, the Carlinkit will not connect to the sound system, and the other person's phone will have to disconnect from the stereos Bluetooth until the Carlinkit connects. Then they can connect back to the sound system thru Bluetooth. My truck has a Remote start which I use to start my vehicle from inside my house or my office before I leave. In most instances, I'm already connected when I enter my vehicle & the Waze app screen is being displayed. The only other issues that I have had occasionally is that sometimes there is a noticeable delay when touching my vehicle's touch screen before it reacts & sometimes the steering wheel control to change song tracks may not work until I re-connect again. So far I'm enjoying going wireless with the Carlink & even with the occasional glitches I would recommend it as a viable option to wirelessly connect to Carplay. Bought From Carlinkitcarplay.com and save much more money than other websites.

·
Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
548 Posts
IIRC, Bluetooth is only used for the system to handshake and make the higher-speed connection with the phone via WiFi. After that, Bluetooth can be used for basic signalling, while the heavy lifting is done via WiFi.

Bluetooth isn't fast enough for the video interfaces needed by Waze or others. It's plenty fast for low-bandwidth transmission rates needed by audio.

·
Registered
2018 PHEV Touring Atlanta, GA
1,080 Posts
AI Spam is getting scarier. But sir, this is a Clarity forum. You want to spam the truck forums lol jk please stop spamming :-(
I doubt it's AI but clearly this Carlinkit company has been spamming this forum. Evidence below. No way to prove that any individual member listed below is a spammer, but the collective evidence is quite clear. Rather than dealing with the (likely fictitious) members, my suggestion is for the mods to contact Carlinkit and present the evidence below that they have been spamming the forum, and tell them to cut it out, no one is going to buy their product if they continue to use deceptive tactics like this.

In the quotes below I don't list the thread titles, just the first sentence of each post. But all of the below members have so few posts it's easy to do an advanced search and enter their member names in the Posted By box and you will see the actual threads.

December 22, 2021 Joey Lea (2 posts total) joins the forum, first post was:

"I have this one and it works well enough . (U2W Plus) Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter Dongle for Wired CarPlay"

Joey Lea only made one other post when they created a new thread on January 4th, 2022,

"I bought the Carlinkit 3.0 after reading everything I could find on the wireless CarPlay dongles."

They never said what type of car they own but they did say this, "I was using a USB stick setup just like the Owners Manual from Toyota said to set it up"

Joey Lea hasn't been seen since.

filippa0831 (2 posts total) joined on December 30th, first post:

"I am new here. Say hi to you all. happy new year!!"

They only made one other post, coincidentally (?) also starting a Carlinkit thread on January 4th:

"Anyone else out there with the Carlinkit AI box? I've got one in my 2020 Clarity. Seems to work reasonably well, at least for the little bit I've used it over the past few days."

filippa0831 hasn't been seen since.

Then we have Norton (3 posts total), joined November 21, 2021 in their first message they started a thread which was practically a full blown advertisement for some type of wireless CarPlay device, although the moderator removed all the links they had included, but from the context and a later post from Norton it clearly was the Carlinkit T-box:

"Just got a wireless CarPlay adapter and it can do different things like youtube Netflix."

heelisleelu34 (two posts total) joined on December 16, 2021, first post was when they joined an existing thread about having generic problems with Carplay and said:

"I also had similar issues "

heelisleelu34's 2nd and final post was on December 20, 2021 when they joined onto Norton's thread and said:

"I have used Carlinkit carplay adapter--U2W for over a year. It fit its purpose for me "

heelisleelu34 hasn't been heard from since.

Back to Norton, their third and final post was on December 26, 2021 where they said:

"As far as I know, there are some adapters that are suitable for Apple Carplay and Android auto, such as Carlinkit’s Tbox"

Norton hasn't been seen since.

Then we have Eugene E Preston (3 posts total), joined December 20, 2021, first message was a thumbs up on Norton's thread about Carlinkit.

Eugene E Preston's second post was on December 24, 2021:

"Today has been a good day! I received my Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless Dongle - ordered from this website. I plugged it into the USB-A port in my 2020 Bolt Premier"

Third and final post was on December 26, 2021

"As far as I know, there are some adapters that are suitable for Apple Carplay and Android auto, such as Carlinkit’s Tbox "

Eugene E Preston hasn't been seen since.

Finally we have Colin Klapka who joined on March 4th to say:

"New here So excited to learn from this community! Have been in my 2020 Clarity for about 2 months now, and loving every second!"

Only other post was the thread they started yesterday:

"I've been using the Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter for about a month now and for the most part, it's been working pretty well. The initial setup was a little rocky until I un-paired my phone from my truck's stereo system."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts