Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018, Honda, Clarity PHEV Touring
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what everyone is using to secure the expensive wheels Honda provides with the Clarity? The accessory (option) wheels appear to be cheaper but still pricey.

I have my eyes on a cool set of wheel locks. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine came off the lot with wheel locks, and they're not mentioned on the sticker since they were dealer-installed (I'm guessing that's the reason why anyway). On the Honda of NA website, they're only a $63 option from what I'm seeing. I assume you can get them from some other supplier for a similar price. I got my all-season floormats for the same price that Honda was offering them from a third party, so I assume the same could be done for wheel locks. At $63, I'd say that's a nice price to secure your distinctive OEM Clarity wheels!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I ordered one of these from this store. It was initially on backorder and I just received an email saying it shipped today. I hope the seat is the same dimensions/shape as the original lug nuts. The Honda parts site I ordered wheels from confirmed I can use the original nuts on the new wheels.

Crossing my fingers they're a match...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The package was outside the door when I helped my son load the car for him to go to school. The wheel mating surface looks like the correct shape ball seat, but they do not come with the plastic washers as on the original Honda nuts. I will have to remove a nut and compare more carefully, and to see if there is a way to transfer the washer for those with original wheels. The accessory wheels do not appear to have a cover so I may just leave well enough alone. First order of business was to order a spare key at GORILLAKEY.COM, just in case I lose it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.