Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I guess I've been a Honda hybrid guy for a while now. Bought a 2g Insight back in 2010, then traded for a 2014 Accord Plugin in 2016. Really liked my Accord Plugin (I've only got an 8 mile commute to work), but then some kids in a Jeep ran me off the the road and i sideswiped a tree. Insurance company said "that's all she wrote" and sent me a nice $15k check.

So then I looked online and found a 2018 Clarity Touring PHEV that wasn't first sold till July 2019 for about $22k. First time I didn't even think about it and just bought it over the internet and it was delivered a few weeks ago.

Anyway I love it. When I first charged it up, it only went to 43 miles EV range. After driving around a bit, getting it down to 0 and then doing some full charges (thx Whole Foods), it now usually show 51 miles when full. So far it's been great. If I could change anything?
1) Volume knob (this may drive me crazy)
2) the trays beneath the shifter and the center elbow rest draw are both super slick and stuff slides around. The Accord had some kind of grippy material or felt in there(this can be fixed with some shelf liner and an Xacto blade)

Other than that, everything is an upgrade, although the LED brights don't seem quite as bright as the Accords halogen projectors. And strangely enough the Accord had heated rear seats. But heated seated are just about the last thing I need here. Ventilated seat would have been nice I guess, but now I'm just nit-picking.

Does anyone know? Are the maps upgradeable for free for 3 years? I think I remember seeing that somewhere but I can't remember

Anyways happy to be here!

Michael

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
474 Posts
Welcome aboard and yes, I do wish the Clarity seats had ventilated option as we both live in hot climates (FL & CA).....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Michael,
Holiday greetings from San Diego. I am about to follow in your footsteps and buy a 2018 Clarity (normal trim, not Touring) and I wanted to ask you if you're still happy with the car?

Also, I'm looking to buy a charging cable (NEMA 14-30 plug, 30 amps) so, if you have any tips on that, I'd love to hear.

Take care,

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts