Honda Clarity Forum banner

Trunk privacy?

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Insighter 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions for securing trunk contents from prying eyes? The glass window is nice, but a security risk, depending on where you park! Thanks.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes, my back and rear quarter windows are tinted. You can shop around for best price but choose a shop that has lots of experience for best installation w/o air bubbles etc. Most of your aftermarket high end radio shops offer that. You can also bargain with most. Due to the extreme rake angle of the back glass it can look a little weird inside but you should get used to it.

#4 ·
I am afraid I don't understand the terms you are using "rear quarter glass" and "back window". I am specifically talking about the glass on the trunk lid which offers a view into the trunk contents. What do you call that? Is that what you tinted? Thanks!

#5 ·
Please re-read my post. I was answering the rear windows tinted post, not your privacy post.
RE: that one, it's not an issue.
QUOTE=Kal;967]I am afraid I don't understand the terms you are using "rear quarter glass" and "back window". I am specifically talking about the glass on the trunk lid which offers a view into the trunk contents. What do you call that? Is that what you tinted? Thanks![/QUOTE]

#7 ·
@Cruiter, I see what happened - actually @GrovesCooke was not asking a question - it was a rhetorical question, whereby he was advising me to get the rear windows tinted to help with privacy.

I am curious now - why do you say "it's not an issue" with regards to the Privacy question? Is it because the trunk window is already tinted? But, if someone shines a flashlight in, won't they see the contents of the trunk?

Thanks,
-Kal.

#8 ·
Kal, I understand you think if people want to look in (with a flashlight) to see what you have, you might be concerned about that. The glass could be covered on the inside with heavy paper and taped into place I guess. The opening is there, so only other option is to buy something else. For me, if they want to see in bad enough to look with a flashlight, then if they can't see they'll assume I have something that I don't want to see and bust in anyway. I park in my garage at home and take care to park other places with security in mind when I'm out. It's not an issue with me. Consider that SUV's even with tinted glass have more storage room than the Clarity. For me, it's adequate.

There is no 'Mayberry' anymore so parking with caution in mind is prudent. Just my view.

#10 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I had my 2020 Clarity’s trunk window strip tinted with limo tint. I can still see through it reasonably during the day at least. I’m not sure about at night, but, with the rear camera, I don’t imagine I’ll be looking through it very often, anyway. It is dark enough now that even if you shine a flashlight in, even a very bright flashlight, you can barely see what is in the trunk. Only lighter colored items are visible at all. I carry a black sheet in my trunk in case I want to cover something in the trunk or the backseat. But, frankly, it really isn’t necessary in the trunk with the limo tint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.