Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I see some old posts about people installing trailer hitches including the Torklift hitch. I don't see any mention of how dealers reacted to the hitches. Did they give any grief about warranty repairs or anything? If you ask Honda they'll say the car is not built for towing and you shouldn't put a hitch on it. Some people say **** the torpedoes and do it anyway. I don't intend to tow anything, just use it for a trailer hitch bike rack. But I'm curious if anyone got any undeserved grief for it later with respect to the warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I see some old posts about people installing trailer hitches including the Torklift hitch. I don't see any mention of how dealers reacted to the hitches. Did they give any grief about warranty repairs or anything? If you ask Honda they'll say the car is not built for towing and you shouldn't put a hitch on it. Some people say **** the torpedoes and do it anyway. I don't intend to tow anything, just use it for a trailer hitch bike rack. But I'm curious if anyone got any undeserved grief for it later with respect to the warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I looked at this but ultimately decided to go with a custom hitch from a place in the LA area called Eckhart. It is a beautiful install and was <$500. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a "loop" at the base of the hitch to thread a bicycle lock through it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a Torklift hitch on our 2018 Clarity. I've had the car serviced at two different Honda dealers and neither have commented about the presence of the hitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts