Honda Clarity Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have problems with the windshield washer fluid coming out of the blade arm? Mine has stopped completely even though the washer fluid bottle is full.
Periodically (maybe every 6 months) I have to take a staple out of my desk stapler and clean out the jet in the wiper arm. A staple seems to be the only thing that fits. The service writer at my Honda dealer showed me this tip.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Crimson Red
16 Posts
I clean my original blades with isopropyl alcohol and scrub the windshield with Comet when I start to get streaking/chattering. There are glass scrub products out there but Comet is cheaper and does the same thing. I also reverse my inserts once in a while to reduce the "memory effect" of the slant the insert sits at when the blades are parked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try to follow the instructions I rephrased. Get a ruler/tape measure, mark the windshield with some bright color. See how close you can aim the nozzles. My windshield was really dirty today and one pull of the handle got it pretty clear....
These instructions are great. I've been attempting to re-aim the nozzles by watching the moving arms -- frustrating. I'm curious what tool you use on the nozzles. I've been using a safety pin, opened, and clamped in vicegrip pliers.

·
Registered
2018, Honda, Clarity PHEV Touring
165 Posts
I had a computer repair tool kit handy that had a flat headed bit that (inserted into the toolkit handle) I pressed against the flat face of the nozzle and then tried to manipulate it that way. (At first I used washer fluid and wasted a lot of it. Then I used plain water. After I got it as close as I could I sprayed out the rest of the water then refilled with washer fluid)...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts