Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find this information for my Clarity anywhere so here is a picture of the four mounting nuts for the tail lights. I removed three of the plastic retainers for the carpet behind the assembly to access the nuts. Some pulling with my fingers got the assembly to pop out without issue. Mine had condensation inside, water dripped out from the pointy end that faces forward. I'm warming it up on a seed germination mat about 80F with the pointy end up to remove the last of the condensation. If I need to, I will use a hair dryer then seal the leak with clear drying silicone.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sorry you have condensation in the unit. I had to access both left and right taillights to splice the wires for my blind spot monitor (plus one in the trunk deck for the reverse light). Thank goodness for YouTube! I would never have been able to get proper access to the reverse light on my own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is helpful! Picked up a low mile 2018 Touring yesterday in a pouring rain and drove it 350 miles home where the weather had cleared and was dry. I noticed condensation in the passenger's side taillight lens last night when I closed the garage door. Not just a little, either. Using the above instructions, I will pull the taillight and see if is repairable. If not, will have to run down a replacement. They are available on the web. Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry you have condensation in the unit. I had to access both left and right taillights to splice the wires for my blind spot monitor (plus one in the trunk deck for the reverse light). Thank goodness for YouTube! I would never have been able to get proper access to the reverse light on my own.
I am trying to to do a back-up monitor install and need to find that trunk deck reverse wire. I can't find the youtube video. Do you still have the link?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Can't access it now. However, you might be able to use a circuit tester to find it in the harness as it comes out of the trunk hinge. I checked on mine. If you arw going to take our the taillight, you have to pry off the trim piece including the backup camera and then remove some panels in the trunk. First the cover on the pull down handle, then the underside od the trunk lid, then remove the Phillip screw clip and use a flat blade screwdriver iron panel removal tool to get the rest of the upper panel off. You will see a screw cap (8mm?) That gets the light out.I

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I couldn't find this information for my Clarity anywhere so here is a picture of the four mounting nuts for the tail lights. I removed three of the plastic retainers for the carpet behind the assembly to access the nuts. Some pulling with my fingers got the assembly to pop out without issue. Mine had condensation inside, water dripped out from the pointy end that faces forward. I'm warming it up on a seed germination mat about 80F with the pointy end up to remove the last of the condensation. If I need to, I will use a hair dryer then seal the leak with clear drying silicone.
Thanks for posting this. I just had to replace a cracked tail light and found it extremely helpful, especially the photos.
I didn't have to take the assembly all the way off to do it either, just the side with the broken light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts