Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Clarity owner here. Bought a 2018 Base model a few weeks ago. My wife was hearing noise coming up from the suspension (during the test drive). Since it was a CPO car, I decided to purchase and take to my dealer after I get home. The dealership told me what the whole strut assembly was rusted out (very weird for a 32k mile Southern California car), but I said go ahead replace it. They replaced the strut, shock, and the whole support structure on the passenger's side, and I got the car back after a week (you know supply shortage) and the noise went away. A week later my wife told me she hears the noise again, but now from the driver's side. Took the car back and now they are replacing the other side. This whole rusted out parts for such a young car is mysterious. Did anyone happen to have the same (or similar) issue with their Clarity?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Did they show you the rusted out parts after they removed them?

Many Clarity owners have had a front wheel bearing go out, the symptom is noise from the wheel. Can be hard to tell from the sound whether the bad wheel bearing is on the driver or passenger side. It's a simple procedure to replace the wheel bearing.

As I said I have heard of many Clarities with a bad wheel bearing, never once have I heard of rusted out strut, shock and support structure.

Are they doing this under warranty? 32K is within the 3 yr/36K warranty. But it depends on when the previous owner purchased the car, if it was more than three years ago then it is out of warranty. The dealer has that information in their system. In fact any Honda dealer can give you that information based on the VIN number.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts