Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also soon-to-be-owner, but a few questions for this group

47 miles on battery is perfect for my daily commute of 30 miles. I overbuilt my rooftop PV two years ago to be ready for this car.
1. What is the current Costco price for the touring model?
2. For the remote climate conditioning, how long will it take to bring my car from max heat (Calabasas, 110F outside temp in summer) down to 70F? Will that much of a temperature differential "time out"?
Thank you and I look forward to my first new car since my 1994 Neon!

·
Registered
195 Posts
47 miles on battery is perfect for my daily commute of 30 miles.
2. For the remote climate conditioning, how long will it take to bring my car from max heat (Calabasas, 110F outside temp in summer) down to 70F? Will that much of a temperature differential "time out"?
Some random points: If your commute is primarily at freeway speeds or involves very steep grades you may find your EV range reduced into the 30+ mile range or you may find your ICE engaging to provide additional "oomph". Cabin preconditioning (heating or cooling) will run for 30 minutes, whether or not it has reached the desired temperature. If your Clarity is unplugged it will draw power from the traction battery pack to precondition the cabin - but if it's plugged into a 240V source, it will draw the power it needs from the grid. You don't get to set a target temperature and, as best I can tell, Honda has not published the preconditioning temperatures. I can tell you from personal experience that, in cold weather, preconditioning does not make the interior "toasty warm" - just less cold - and in hot weather not "chilly" - just less hot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
not published?

That is a bit concerning that the remote climate control isn't as granular as I had hoped. It's my car and my battery...I should be allowed to get into an ice box if I want!

·
Registered
15 Posts
David,, Igf your an Old car guy like me Do not buy it!

If you do will will start driving the Clarity everywhere and leaving the Collector cars in Garage.

Love that all my local driving is almost Free.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Remember - you're not buying an EV, you're buying a PHEV that wants to do just about everything by itself. Honda created Clarity to be as much like an ICE car as possible, from the driver's perspective, because what it does and what it can do is a very long, confusing list! It's more of an "experimental tech platform" than an actual production car: Honda used it to test the drivetrain that's now being employed in their other hybrid vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts