Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Clarity with 7 K miles on it. At times, the sound system just does not respond to anything. The Audio on/off button is inoperable and you cannot get anything off the radio AM or FM or anything from my Iphone. If I shut the car down for a while and turn it back on then it returns to normal.

The same thing with the MAP sometimes it just totally goes crazy , swirling around and showing me going across rivers and fields and not down the highway that I am on. Again. After shutting down the car and turning it back on, it resumes to normal operation.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have a 2020 Clarity with 7 K miles on it. At times, the sound system just does not respond to anything. The Audio on/off button is inoperable and you cannot get anything off the radio AM or FM or anything from my Iphone. If I shut the car down for a while and turn it back on then it returns to normal.

The same thing with the MAP sometimes it just totally goes crazy , swirling around and showing me going across rivers and fields and not down the highway that I am on. Again. After shutting down the car and turning it back on, it resumes to normal operation.
Problems with the infotainment system can often be solved by rebooting it. To do this press and hold the audio power button for several seconds, you should get a message asking if you want to reboot. The reboot takes a few minutes.

However if your audio power button is not working then you may need to do a 12V reboot. This is done by disconnecting the negative cable on the 12V battery for a minute or so, then reconnecting it. After the 12V reboot, the next time you start the car there will be several ominous sounding warning messages about ABS, VSC, etc. this is normal and these messages should go away within the first mile of driving. After the 12V reboot your previous driving history is cleared, so your EV range will likely be suddenly lower (or higher) than it was before. Actual EV range is not affected, it's just that it no longer has history of your recent drives. After driving a few times the EV estimate should be back to normal.

After the 12V reboot you can then see if you can now do the audio button reboot.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I’m having the same problem with the navigation system, been to the dealership 3 times and they can’t get it to repeat. Will drop the car off for 5 days and see if they can repeat the problem. Honda has been no help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts