Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After our car was in for service, we have notice a whirring noise that we aren't used to. One part of the service was a tire rotation. Is it possible that the rotated tires are causing more road noise? Are we so accustomed to the quiet ride that the tire noise is more obvious? In a gas driven car this noise would not be heard over the engine.

Also, has anyone else experienced the cabin climate control completely shutting off. The set temperature numbers on the info screen were gone. I have never figured out how to completely shut off the system.

·
Registered
2018, Honda, Clarity PHEV Touring
120 Posts
Yes, noise, vibration, even a pull to one side (which is the one I experienced) happened after a tire rotation. I went to a Winston tire location for a specific tire, but they played the switcheroo game and sold me a set of their tires. At the first rotation (FWD) all of a sudden the car was pulling to one side. I took it all over to get it diagnosed and finally one place swapped FL <-> FR and the pull went the other way! Apparently the store sold me someone's return and put the bad tires on the back where it was hidden until the first rotation. Anything is possible but I would say extremely rare if they are the (original) Michelin brand.

About the climate, yes once in a blue moon it would be off. Turning it off is easy. Do you know where the emergency flasher button is? It is the button right underneath. I just checked but back in the warm house. It is either "ON / OFF" or "OFF / ON" sorry it's kind of cold out don't want to go out and verify...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for your response to this and my cooling system question. I think you're referring to the climate button that turns off/on the AC and can take the fan to low. I can't find anything to turn off the heat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I pressed the button this morning (run to get groceries before anyone else takes the car), it turned off the climate meaning the blank spaces where the set temperature was. (Touching anything else in that area afterwards will likely turn it back on)...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh, be sure you check the tire pressures and set them where you want them. The only place that does it right (by me) are the ones that don't touch the pressures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts