Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Clarity plug in 2018 with about 60,000 miles. Shortly after I give a jump to another car with a jump cable my right headlight on and off is not working. I am getting headlight issue warning and sometimes the actual right headlight is not working. Dealer wants to replace it for $1,800. Since the light is working sometimes I think it might be other problems. Unfortunately, the dealership does not have a clear path rather than replacing the headlight. I would appreciate your inputs.

· Registered
158 Posts
Wondering if the headlight is always on at first when you turn them on, if so how long until it starts acting up?
If that is the case is it fairly consistent? It could indicate an overheating issue in the driver for the LED's.

· Registered
266 Posts
$1,800 is absurd, simply to replace a headlight.
LED headlight, orphan model with no common parts to other models. Not as absurd as you might think. Heck, our 2014 Lexus RX headlight was $1200 and Lexus sold hundreds of thousands of those. I just checked online with LKQ for a price on a used one. Nothing available anywhere in the US from them. A RH taillamp is $343 (quarter panel mounted part only).

· Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
786 Posts
LED headlight, orphan model with no common parts to other models. Not as absurd as you might think. Heck, our 2014 Lexus RX headlight was $1200 and Lexus sold hundreds of thousands of those. I just checked online with LKQ for a price on a used one. Nothing available anywhere in the US from them. A RH taillamp is $343 (quarter panel mounted part only).
Ah. May not be unusual, but I certainly find them both to be absurd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts