Honda Clarity Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you must buy in California, check the "red" counties first. District taxes are added to state taxes. California Sales Tax Rates By City & County 2021
And registration in California is yet another reason there's a recall vote going on over here. I'm not sure what transfer or registration fees out-of-state are, but I wish I was in a position to learn about it first hand! If driven, figure about $4.50 per gallon of gasoline to get it over to Nevada or Arizona and the rest of the states.
If you can just get a transfer between interstate dealerships, you'd probably be better off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I could look this up, but what are the seat options on the base. I am used to the leather in the Volt. The memory seat is nice, but I have lived without it so far. As for the navigation, with Apple Play I have sat. If I can get a great deal on a touring ,I might as well wait to end of year. I am in no rush other wise.
You’re not going to get a deal on ANY car currently, especially a hybrid.
Touring are nothing but seats, especially if you use CarPlay. There’s literally no reason to pay for a Touring, even if you could find one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You’re not going to get a deal on ANY car currently, especially a hybrid.
Touring are nothing but seats, especially if you use CarPlay. There’s literally no reason to pay for a Touring, even if you could find one.
My wife and I are a full foot different in height. The seat memory is critical to our sanity.

Also, not having to set up CarPlay or Android Auto every time one gets into the car is a blessing for the "technologically challenged".

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
More than one person has said that they found the touring seats to be more comfortable than base. Of course that won't apply to everyone. Perhaps even the opposite could be true for some. Body shape makes a big difference, not just height but things like torso height, leg length, hip width etc. Unfortunately sitting in a seat for a few minutes or on a test drive will only give a partial indication, the real test is how it feels on a long drive. But there is no practical way to test that prior to purchase.

I guess I'm lucky that I am generally comfortable in pretty much any car seat. But that's not true for everyone, especially people with back conditions or similar.

·
Registered
265 Posts
More than one person has said that they found the touring seats to be more comfortable than base. Of course that won't apply to everyone. Perhaps even the opposite could be true for some. Body shape makes a big difference, not just height but things like torso height, leg length, hip width etc. Unfortunately sitting in a seat for a few minutes or on a test drive will only give a partial indication, the real test is how it feels on a long drive. But there is no practical way to test that prior to purchase.

I guess I'm lucky that I am generally comfortable in pretty much any car seat. But that's not true for everyone, especially people with back conditions or similar.
Yup. Coming from a '17 and then '21 Chevy Bolt (the wife's car), the Clarity Touring seats are positively luxurious. They fit me almost as well as the high-bolsterd seats in my '08 S2000. The S2000 fits me like a glove. I'm 6'0" and ~175lbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am also in Eastern PA. I searched long and hard for a Touring. Missed out on one by a few hours, got jerked around by some NY dealers on others that they advertised as available even though they were sold. Gave up, bought a CPO Panamera hybrid.

The problem is these have been discontinued and nationwide inventory shortage. Something could pop up, but I think this area has been cleaned out of everything except a few white, base models which may now be gone since I last looked.

Hyundai and Kia have some really nice PHEVs hitting the market very soon. I lucked out with my CPO Panamera which just had hybrid battery pack replaced before I purchased. Admittedly, the empg is a lot less than the Clarity.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ordered it but never could get autokit APK to install. Was there some magic I needed to do? It steps through the process of "do you grant this permission, do you grant this next permission" but always fails at the end.
Sorry, no we (2 iPhones) have not had this issue.

Sometimes one needs to unlock the iPhone (face or code) to grant permission for another device to access it so look for that notice on the phone during this initial electronic “handshake”.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts