Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in eastern Pennsylvania and I am willing to travel about 500 mile to purchase a NEW Clarity Touring.
First, the most difficult question; Does anyone know of a dealer offering the Touring mode?
I have been using Google to locate dealers in different states. When I exhaust the individual
dealers, I will search on sites like Edmunds, Truecar , etc. If I cannot locate a Touring model, I know
I can find the base model.
Hopefully this forum will be successful in assisting me!
Thanks to all the replied.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I live in eastern Pennsylvania and I am willing to travel about 500 mile to purchase a NEW Clarity Touring.
First, the most difficult question; Does anyone know of a dealer offering the Touring mode?
I have been using Google to locate dealers in different states. When I exhaust the individual
dealers, I will search on sites like Edmunds, Truecar , etc. If I cannot locate a Touring model, I know
Looking on Cars.com the only two new tourings that I see are at Lundgreen Honda in Greenfield, MA and Mohawk Honda in Schenectady, NY. Both are white.

Sometimes a car can exist at a dealer but not be listed on Cars.com, Edmunds, etc. To find if there are one of those out there, although it would be tedious, in Google Maps search for "Honda dealers", it will show dealers only in your immediate area, but you can scroll the map to other areas and click "Search this area" and it will show you Honda dealers in whatever area you are viewing. Google Maps provides a link for each Honda dealer's website. On each Honda dealer's website you can search for a Clarity touring. If you can't find any within say 100 miles then expand out 200 miles etc. You might get lucky and find a touring that isn't listed on the Edmunds type of websites.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Two threads for the same thing?
First time posters tend to do that. This section seems like the right section, their first post was in a section which seems to be for people wanting to buy a used car from another forum member. The forum software here doesn't let you delete a post, only the administrator can do that. The OP can request the administrator to delete their first post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking on Cars.com the only two new tourings that I see are at Lundgreen Honda in Greenfield, MA and Mohawk Honda in Schenectady, NY. Both are white.

Sometimes a car can exist at a dealer but not be listed on Cars.com, Edmunds, etc. To find if there are one of those out there, although it would be tedious, in Google Maps search for "Honda dealers", it will show dealers only in your immediate area, but you can scroll the map to other areas and click "Search this area" and it will show you Honda dealers in whatever area you are viewing. Google Maps provides a link for each Honda dealer's website. On each Honda dealer's website you can search for a Clarity touring. If you can't find any within say 100 miles then expand out 200 miles etc. You might get lucky and find a touring that isn't listed on the Edmunds type of websites.
Thanks for your input. I will try these great ideas out! Dan

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Thanks for your input. I will try these great ideas out! Dan
You may want to try CarGurus as they list cars that other search engines may miss out.

I checked within 500 miles of Pittsburg, PA and found only 1 Touring in MA:
Touring Clarity PHEV in MA

But there are over 20 base models around you (Tri state, RI, MA, etc).

Is there a reason you must find a Touring model ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may want to try CarGurus as they list cars that other search engines may miss out.

Thank you for your input. My reason; I prefer the upgrades. I owned 2 Premier Volts and 1 base Volt and just wasn't please with the base volt.If I cannot receive a great deal on the touring , I will purchase a base model.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I could have done without any Touring features except the memory seats. My wife and I swap cars a lot and there is a bit disparity in size for us. In that situation, once you have memory seats you cannot go without. We purchased the Touring because of that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
f I cannot receive a great deal on the touring , I will purchase a base model.
The two big difference between the trims is electric/memory seats and sat based navigation. The latter can be important if one travels in limited cell coverage areas but can replicated with a $50 GPS unit. I've had both trims and don't find a lot of difference in seat comfort.

As a former 2012 volt owner, I really, really appreciate the much better ingress/egress and roominess of the Clarity in day to day usage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The two big difference between the trims is electric/memory seats and sat based navigation. The latter can be important if one travels in limited cell coverage areas but can replicated with a $50 GPS unit. I've had both trims and don't find a lot of difference in seat comfort.

As a former 2012 volt owner, I really, really appreciate the much better ingress/egress and roominess of the Clarity in day to day usage.
I could look this up, but what are the seat options on the base. I am used to the leather in the Volt. The memory seat is nice, but I have lived without it so far. As for the navigation, with Apple Play I have sat. If I can get a great deal on a touring ,I might as well wait to end of year. I am in no rush other wise.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Finding any specific new car now is difficult. With a low volume model like the Clarity it is even more so.

Given current supply constraints and since production of the Clarity is ending this month, waiting until the end of the year for a "deal" is risky (at best).

Cars.com show 18 Touring trim nationwide. Some are "In Transit". Some have photos on the Dealer lot. Some of these may be sold already or not really there. You should be able to narrow them down pretty quick

https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul..._hybrid-touring&year_max=&year_min=&zip=97070

·
Registered
160 Posts
Finding any specific new car now is difficult. With a low volume model like the Clarity it is even more so.

Given current supply constraints and since production of the Clarity is ending this month, waiting until the end of the year for a "deal" is risky (at best).

Cars.com show 18 Touring trim nationwide. Some are "In Transit". Some have photos on the Dealer lot. Some of these may be sold already or not really there. You should be able to narrow them down pretty quick

https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul..._hybrid-touring&year_max=&year_min=&zip=97070
I've found that even if you call a dealer, they will often lie, and tell you they've got the vehicle you want on the lot, even though they do not. They're hoping, that in your disappointment at not getting the car you want, that you'll buy something that is on the lot, that they want to sell you. I have "blacklisted" several car dealers that are very near me, and have driven twenty miles to buy from an honest dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try something like this site, maybe this one is still available. It's in Philly, and perhaps it's your best bet -- Purchase Clarity Touringin next 60 days
I live in California, and had three used Claritys to choose from, all within 20 miles. I suspect you will need to be more persistent, however, considering Honda's limited marketing of this very fine car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Look in California. If you are comfortable buying without driving it you can buy and have ot shipped. I bought at Galpin Honda. I found a white Touring model Thai I liked and did almost all the paperwork online. If you pick it up and drive home (more than 500 miles of course) you have to pay California sakes tax (10.5%). Shipping is way Cheaper.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Look in California. If you are comfortable buying without driving it you can buy and have ot shipped. I bought at Galpin Honda. I found a white Touring model Thai I liked and did almost all the paperwork online. If you pick it up and drive home (more than 500 miles of course) you have to pay California sakes tax (10.5%). Shipping is way Cheaper.
If I'm not mistaken, this week, it's "only" 9.5%. Woohoo!

Use the savings and go out to dinner...or buy a gallon of gasoline.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts