Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello glad to be here.

I am looking at picking up a ore owned Clarity. It will mostlikely be a 2018 or 2019 model

I am looking for tips on what it looks or tips on where to check status and history on the vehicle system.

• Is there a function to check battery health, charge cycles etc?
  • Is there a way to see how much of the milage was driven in EV mode vs. HYBRID?

Any other things or tips on what ho look at would be appreciated.

As an FYI I have a 2019 Odyssey Touring for 3 years now do I am familiar with the Honda features acc lkas etc , this is a big reason why I am looking at the clarity!

thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
2018 PHEV Touring Atlanta, GA
1,020 Posts
  • Is there a function to check battery health, charge cycles etc?
  • Is there a way to see how much of the milage was driven in EV mode vs. HYBRID?
No way to determine EV vs HV miles.

There is a measurement for battery capacity stored in the Clarity computer which will give you an idea how much the HV battery has degraded. Any Honda dealer can get this number for you, although they would likely charge you for it unless you are already paying them to inspect the car. Any independent shop that has Honda's i-HDS diagnostic software can check it also.

You can also check it yourself with an inexpensive OBD-II reader and a free Bluetooth app. You need a specific OBD-II reader which is the Vgate iCar Pro and also download the Car Scanner app to your phone (Android or iPhone). You can get familiar with the reader and the app by trying it out on your Odyssey (other info not battery capacity), then change the vehicle type in the Car Scanner app to Clarity prior to going to check one out.

There is a thread with more details about it at this link:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the awesome info. I tried it out picked up the VGate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 (X0027TOBYD) from Amazon $30CAD , worked like a champ with my Odyssey!

Thanks

MIKE

You can also check it yourself with an inexpensive OBD-II reader and a free Bluetooth app. You need a specific OBD-II reader which is the Vgate iCar Pro and also download the Car Scanner app to your phone (Android or iPhone). You can get familiar with the reader and the app by trying it out on your Odyssey (other info not battery capacity), then change the vehicle type in the Car Scanner app to Clarity prior to going to check one out.

There is a thread with more details about it at this link:

Vgate-LPHUS Car Pro Bluetooth 4.0... Vgate-LPHUS Car Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD 2 OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Scanner Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Tool for iOS & Android : Amazon.ca: Everything Else

Font Automotive design Gadget Cable Rectangle

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

Gadget Motor vehicle Camera Audio equipment Reflex camera

1 - 3 of 3 Posts