Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I purchased a 2018 Touring with under 5K miles on her. I take delivery tomorrow evening, and have it scheduled to go to the Honda dealership for a thorough going over.
Does anyone have anything specially that I should have done?
TIA!
4 Comments

Save

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Congrats!

I assume you are picking up the PHEV variant ?

The main thing the Honda dealership should give you is the battery capacity test percentage.

Make sure they have updated the software and all TSBs of all known issues....

That should about do it!

Let us know with a picture of your Clarity!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice find!

That's crazy low mileage for a 2018 -- ours has over 30,000 on it already! Also like the color -- ours is white but those are the only two colors I would have bought.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 2018 of that color - great car - nice job finding a good one with low mileage - you won't be sorry - also - fwiw - also a pilot.

:smile:
Interesting. Since about only 1 in 500 people in the US is a pilot there must be something about PHEVs that is attractive to us!

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
I am a pilot too. Something going on here.
yes, something is going on!

I would like to get my PPL but in the meantime I use the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 to be virtually safe during the pandemic....

Any suggestions on which course is good (online and flight school) ??

·
Registered
116 Posts
yes, something is going on!

I would like to get my PPL but in the meantime I use the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 to be virtually safe during the pandemic....

Any suggestions on which course is good (online and flight school) ??
If you are studious you can do the classroom/book learning on your own. It’s been some years ago but I just went to a local FBO and got set up with a flight instructor. It’s not cheap because you’ve gotta pay for the instructor and airplane rental (usually both are billed by the hour). I have heard that some people have actually bought their own plane and trained in it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well... Guilty here as well (might have guessed from the user name, too). Pilot, owner, and builder. Something like technically advanced, not very common, and efficient modes of transportation, I am guessing...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well... Guilty here as well (might have guessed from the user name, too). Pilot, owner, and builder. Something like technically advanced, not very common, and efficient modes of transportation, I am guessing...
Wow, just looked up your N number. I own a Velocity too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not current but am a pilot too. This is just weird how many pilots and aviation buffs seem to be attracted to Claritys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Umm, not a pilot but I did take and pass ground school back in the late, ahem, 70’s. :) At that time I was also considering going into the aviation industry too but took a different career path.

Also a big motorcyclist (the “moto” of fotomoto).

I’ve never been a corporate fanboy but the closest I come would be for Honda. I think the Clarity is the Honda VFR of their car world. For those that don’t get that reference, the VFR/Interceptor was Honda’s technological and engineering showcase for nearly 40 years. I’ve owned 7 various models/years during that time and they all were so competent and complete: fast bikes that you could ride all day, every day, and never think twice about a quick tour across the USA. In the car world, this would be a GT (gran touring). I think the Clarity with all of its attributes is very similar but with 4 doors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Umm, not a pilot but I did take and pass ground school back in the late, ahem, 70’s. :) At that time I was also considering going into the aviation industry too but took a different career path.

I’ve never been a corporate fanboy but the closest I come would be for Honda. I think the Clarity is the Honda VFR of their car world. For those that don’t get that reference, the VFR/Interceptor was Honda’s technological and engineering showcase for nearly 40 years. I’ve owned 7 various models/years during that time and they all were so competent and complete: fast bikes that you could ride all day, every day, and never think twice about a quick tour across the USA. In the car world, this would be a GT (gran touring). I think the Clarity with all of its attributes is very similar but with 4 doors.
I ride motorcycles too. I’ve had many Hondas over the years and they’ve always gotten me home. I current ride an NC700X, which can almost compete with my Clarity for gas mileage. 😊

·
Registered
8 Posts

I did my ground school in 1980 with the plan to fly for a living, but with all the Vietnam trained pilots entering the industry at the time I would have needed about 3000 hours to land my first gig, not counting going the CFI route. I took an alternate career path too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts