Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2018 base.. Looking for phone holder ideas. This car has a very unique dash and vents that make it hard to come up with solutions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I realize you’re asking for a holder but we use sticky mats placed on the flying bridge. This is the most natural and ease of use type of mount we’ve ever tried over decades of cell use and dozens of vehicles. The biggest con is possible stability issues in the case of a wreck or otherwise hard maneuvers/braking but we’ve never encountered that even in heavy daily commuting. We use a wireless CarPlay/AA adapter so we don’t need to plug in for most day-to-day driving.

HTH

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another reason to dump my android phone. What do you need to connect apple phone wirelessly?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I put my phone under the flying bridge and plug it into the USB port next to the drivers seat. This gives me Android Auto. When I don't need the Android auto I just use the Bluetooth connection for music and phone calls (on the very rare occasion I use my phone as a phone while driving).

·
Registered
57 Posts
What do you need to connect apple phone wirelessly?
Search Amazon or other online sites for a wireless CarPlay/AA dongle. Typically around $100. NOT a recommendation but this is the one we got:

It has pass through ability so you can still plug a phone into it and still get the same wired functionality with the car. This included charging.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New to me 2018 base.. Looking for phone holder ideas. This car has a very unique dash and vents that make it hard to come up with solutions.
If you're in the US, go to any of discount retailers(ross/tjmax/marshall's)they always have a great selection of phone mounts. I went w/ a magnetic mount mounted on my windshield, works perfect and the magnets are strong. You can also mount on the dash.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you're in the US, go to any of discount retailers(ross/tjmax/marshall's)they always have a great selection of phone mounts. I went w/ a magnetic mount mounted on my windshield, works perfect and the magnets are strong. You can also mount on the dash.
Does it use a magnet that goes on the outside of the windshield, too? That would be a new one for me. All of the temporary windshield mounts I'm familiar with are suction-cup based.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I realize you’re asking for a holder but we use sticky mats placed on the flying bridge. This is the most natural and ease of use type of mount we’ve ever tried over decades of cell use and dozens of vehicles. The biggest con is possible stability issues in the case of a wreck or otherwise hard maneuvers/braking but we’ve never encountered that even in heavy daily commuting. We use a wireless CarPlay/AA adapter so we don’t need to plug in for most day-to-day driving.

HTH
I went with the sticky mats as well. I placed them on each side of the drive buttons. Holds the phone really well and helps prevent scratches.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought the magnet mount that uses an adhesive base. I mounted it in the flying bridge and then just zip tied a small loop in my charging wire so I can loop ot over the base when not in use. Just be aware the metal disk in the case will interfere with a Qi charger.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts