Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2018 Clarity was in the floods here in NY recently. I admit I just may be in denial but does anyone think she could possibly be salvaged at all and is it even worth trying?

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Sorry to hear the storm flooded your Clarity.

Is your Clarity driveable or is it dead ?

From the insurance company view if it was underwater, it would automatically be deemed as salvage.

You can always buy it out from your insurance company.

Otherwise, we "dry" states will be getting these flood cars being sold for a bargain and will fetch a lot more money these days in the crazy automotive market...

·
Registered
7 Posts
So my 2018 Clarity was in the floods here in NY recently. I admit I just may be in denial but does anyone think she could possibly be salvaged at all and is it even worth trying?
Any update? When Sandy hit my neighborhood (LES NYC), I made sure to park it on the highest street in the neighborhood, anticipating exactly this. I now park in my Coop's garage, on the second floor, so was fine with the rain.

<3 my Clarabelle. Would be upset to give her up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sigh...my Clar was considered totaled and I'm just sick behind it. So undecided on what to get now that I'm just stuck. Just don't know. 😔

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sigh...my Clar was considered totaled and I'm just sick behind it. So undecided on what to get now that I'm just stuck. Just don't know
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I am in the middle of replacing a total loss too (Prius) and the market is, as everyone has heard by now, really horrible. New vehicles are trickling out of factories at such a low rate they can’t even remotely keep up with demand so good 1-3 year old vehicle prices have skyrocketed in demand/price for folks that need a vehicle NOW and are willing to pay for it.

We ordered a new Ford Maverick hybrid back in June. Latest word is we might get it in the spring of 2022.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts