Honda Clarity Forum banner

No Apps for Clarity?

11K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  EV Nerd 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed any apps on the tablet? How can you do that? I want to install the Chargepoint app for example.
I heard of an option where you end up rooting the tablet, but I don't want to take chances.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I have the Chargepoint APK on the USB drive, the Clarity sees it when I choose to download app, but the "Install" button is disabled. They killed the feature. Sad, could have been a nice touch, to unlock the charger from the screen.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I installed the Honda Hack from autohack.org
So far, so good.
I have a hotspot that stays in my car, so as long as it is charged, I have connectivity. The hotspot is connected to a 10000 mAmps battery, so it lasts about 3 days.
I installed the Chargepoint app, and I am able to access it finally.
I noticed some slowdown and the unit takes a little longer to boot, but it is negligible.
Haven't used it for google maps or Waze yet. You can install it on the headunit directly.
Essentially, it becomes an android tablet with full installation privileges. You install the apps straight from the app store. I recommend creating a gmail account just for this, don't share your main account

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.