Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

With the green HOV stickers on my 2013 Volt expiring, I pulled the trigger on a Clarity Plug-in lease. So far, so good. I used to run my Volt on 100% gas (electricity was too expensive), but that plan doesn't work very well on the Clarity.

So Cal Edison helped me work out a time-of-use plan, so I can charge after 10:00 PM. Just got my level 2 charger installed. Got really lucky, my neighbor got the level charger for free when had solar put on his roof. When he sold his Volt, he gave me the charger. Just by chance, I had a 220 plug in the exact right place (laundry used to be in the garage).

My buddy who is very handy helped me install it. Total cost was $10 for a new outlet plug and $10 for a 6-pack of IPAs for my buddy.

JC

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Well done and welcome!

We are waiting for our new purple HOV stickers eagerly....
We love the Clarity for their well engineered design and head turning uniqueness in the sea of EV/PHEV cars in So Cal.

Glad to hear the Clarity won out over the Volt.

Was the lack of new incoming Volts due to the plant shutdown a factor in your decision?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to the forum JC and congrats on the Clarity. Should be a nice step up over the Volt, which wont hold its value much longer being discontinued at all. Sounds like you lucked out with a friendly neighbour.

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Just got the new 2019 PURPLE HOV stickers from DMV yesterday!
Can't wait to drive solo in the carpool lanes for the next 4 years!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Never been a fan of how those stickers look. Some places just require you to register for a green vehicle plate which is done anyways when you buy an EV.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I was shopping for used EV's, I could always pick out the California cars with those huge, ugly Access OK stickers plastered all over. Would just a specialized tag have been sufficient?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts