Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2021 Clarity. I live in Southern Utah. I had to buy the car in Los Angeles. The local Honda dealer had never heard of the car, plus any hybrid car in Southern Utah or Las Vegas gets a premium over MSRP. $2000 for hybrids and $5000 for PHEVs (both Honda and Toyota). I got the car for MSRP and drove it home. My 2019 Prius Prime Advanced was sold to my niece to replace their 2017 Prius that was totaled in a fender bender. The car had minimal damage but the insurance company (AAA) didn't want anything to do with trying to fix it (just some damage at the passenger rear door and wheel well). My wife drives a 2020 CRV Hybrid. My typical drive is less than 40 miles, so I figure the lower gas mileage vs. the prius will be offset by electric range increase (and I have enough solar panels on the home to cover the house and car).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Too bad you didn't buy the Prius out of salvage. Might have been able to sell it and make more money than insurance paid out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too bad you didn't buy the Prius out of salvage. Might have been able to sell it and make more money than insurance paid out.
AAA insurance said the repair bill exceeded $13,000 then totaled it at $20,600. The salvage value was $6200. It wasn't going to pencil out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts