Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2021 White Base Model a week ago. Heavily discounted here in NY. With federal and state tax rebates it is one heck of a deal.

I also have a 2017 Hybrid Accord so I am familiar with the Honda Hybrid system. My round trip commute is less than 45 miles so I haven't used any gas. In the colder weather I will wind up using the ICE but certainly less than with the Accord.

Car rides nice and I like the look. The interior is well designed, comfortable and of excellent quality. Only negative is the head unit is a bit dated but with Apple CarPlay it is fine.

It takes about 12 hours to load the batteries to 100% so I ordered a level 2 charger (Juicebox 40) which is discounted by the local Utility company. Guessing that it will take <3 hours to get to a full charge.

Looking forward to many miles in the Clarity. The Accord is staying in the family. They are both well built cars!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just bought a 2021 White Base Model a week ago. Heavily discounted here in NY. With federal and state tax rebates it is one heck of a deal.

I also have a 2017 Hybrid Accord so I am familiar with the Honda Hybrid system. My round trip commute is less than 45 miles so I haven't used any gas. In the colder weather I will wind up using the ICE but certainly less than with the Accord.

Car rides nice and I like the look. The interior is well designed, comfortable and of excellent quality. Only negative is the head unit is a bit dated but with Apple CarPlay it is fine.

It takes about 12 hours to load the batteries to 100% so I ordered a level 2 charger (Juicebox 40) which is discounted by the local Utility company. Guessing that it will take <3 hours to get to a full charge.

Looking forward to many miles in the Clarity. The Accord is staying in the family. They are both well built cars!
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a level 2 charger (Juicebox 40) which is discounted by the local Utility company. Guessing that it will take <3 hours to get to a full charge.
Yeah somewhere between 2-2.5 hrs at max rate. The other great thing is it can provide “free” heat to precondition both the cabin and battery during the cold season and not suck range from the battery (while plugged in). HUGE benefit.

If you have the Hondalink app, make sure the charge schedule is OFF or it will conflict with the juice box scheduler or vice-versa. The JB scheduler is a little more robust. The HondaLink Climate conditioner scheduler is separate from those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2.5 hours is what I read also. Yes, preconditioning in the winter is a good idea. The car will be in the garage but still gets cold in NY winters.

I have used the HondaLink app. It is very basic so I assume the app that works with the charger will be better.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The other great thing is it can provide “free” heat to precondition both the cabin and battery during the cold season and not suck range from the battery (while plugged in). HUGE benefit.
I use level one, if I precondition while plugged in it does not reduce my EV range. The only thing I can't do is precondition and charge at the same time, that only works with level 2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12 hours for a full charge is too slow for me. There are days when the car will be in the garage for less time than that so level 2 is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts