Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding out more info on the Clarity and it does seem like a good car.

I do have a question about that lower rear window. If someone is tailgating you at night are their headlights going to be shining into you car and your rear view mirror more than if you were driving a car without that lower rear window?

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
KBP203

This has never been an issue as far as I'm concerned.

If you choose to tint the windows on the Clarity, this rear window can be tinted dark as well which will reduce any glare even more. Some prefer to tint it as a security measure anyway.

Go Cowboys!
(Couldn't resist)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I haven't seen this issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When tinting my windows, I was told by the tinters that the lower window is already tinted and it is polycarbonite not glass and can't be tinted.

·
Registered
712 Posts
When tinting my windows, I was told by the tinters that the lower window is already tinted and it is polycarbonite not glass and can't be tinted.
Yes it's already tinted but no it's not polycarbonate it's glass, it's AGC Temperlite which is the same glass as the upper window, and is also the glass used on the rear passenger windows and the front vent windows. The windshield and front passenger windows are AGC Lamisafe. The only polycarbonate one is the interior window between the rear seat and the trunk, which is Sunloid by Sumitomo Bakelite. The windows are clearly labeled with this information.

·
Super Moderator
474 Posts
...... If someone is tailgating you at night are their headlights going to be shining into you car and your rear view mirror more than if you were driving a car without that lower rear window?

Thanks!
The tinted lower rear glass is fine for dimming a car's headlights.

Unless you live in FL where tailgaters are the norm, I don't experience it much in CA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts