Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 PHEV Touring Atlanta, GA
1,080 Posts
Level 2 Charging from the OEM Clarity charger info from the japan clarity owners manual.
Clarity OEM changer can handle the 208/240 voltage on a 20 amp circuit.
That's interesting, it's the first time that I have seen the location of the CHAdeMO port on the Japanese Clarity. It's on the back right quarter panel. So the car has three fuel/charge doors! And I thought having two was unusual. I like the idea of having a separate door for the fast charger better than how the Nissan Leaf combines the J1772 and CHAdeMO ports inside one massive door.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Font Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
598 Posts
That's interesting, it's the first time that I have seen the location of the CHAdeMO port on the Japanese Clarity. It's on the back right quarter panel. So the car has three fuel/charge doors! And I thought having two was unusual. I like the idea of having a separate door for the fast charger better than how the Nissan Leaf combines the J1772 and CHAdeMO ports inside one massive door.

View attachment 874

View attachment 875
I lived with the Leaf's charge port location for ten years.

I liked it. Being on the front bumper gives much more flexibility for charger location. Whether it's an EVSE or a DCFC, you can park to the right or left side of a charger. The Leaf's door is also far more robust than the little flaps on other EVs/PHEVs.

I wish all EV makers put the charge ports on the front bumper.

·
Registered
2018 PHEV Touring Atlanta, GA
1,080 Posts
I lived with the Leaf's charge port location for ten years.

I liked it. Being on the front bumper gives much more flexibility for charger location. Whether it's an EVSE or a DCFC, you can park to the right or left side of a charger. The Leaf's door is also far more robust than the little flaps on other EVs/PHEVs.

I wish all EV makers put the charge ports on the front bumper.
Another advantage of a charge port on the front is that there is less chance of someone walking by and bumping into the charger and damaging it or the charge port, since it is behind the front bumper.

Although we probably won't be seeing charge doors of that size anymore with CHAdeMO on the way out and CCS taking over, which allows one charge port to handle both AC and DC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.