Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just so you all are aware:

I bought my Clarity PHEV new in December of 2018. At ~19k miles and 16 months of ownership, the left regen paddle stopped working. The indicator didn't come up on the dash and the increased regen was no longer present. Given the pandemic and the fact that this was a fairly minor issue, I waited until just this last week (21k miles, 18 months in) when I needed to do an oil change anyways to get the issue looked at. The service manager (Aventura Honda here in Miami) had no idea what I was taking about - probably used to 'actual' paddle shifters and the dealer ended up keeping the car overnight and gave me a loaner while they figured out what was going on.

They determined the fault was in the paddle switch and replaced both that and the associated wiring. Part #s 78565-TEA-A81ZG and 77901-TBA-C10. These retail for <$100 and the shop charged 0.8 hours of labor. Of course this was all covered under warranty, but my point is (1) I feel likely to experience this problem again as I use my left paddle A LOT and (2) if and when this fails again, I'm happy knowing that the repair will not break the bank.

No other issues to report in the last year and a half of ownership.

T

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ditto the appreciation. I keep a digital reference log of important things to remember about my Clarity that I learn from this great Clarity Owner’s online resource. Your experience and documented share is going in that log as I use my paddles more than my brake pedal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts