Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
We Leased a 2018 Clarity PHEV in Feb of '19. My wife works within 14 miles of home and uses mostly Electric. It has been so effective for us, that we average around 210 - 215 MPG combined and she fills up about ever 4-6 weeks depending on the extra driving we do, beyond her commute.
At the end of our Lease, we had banked about 48,000 miles on the Clarity, and chose to purchase it. Super happy with the Car. I did purchase a Level 2, 240 V 50A charger for the home and installed it in the garage. We get many more miles out of this car due to this purchase of the Level 2 charger. When she comes home from work and has a few hours before going to a meeting or store, we continue to save even more $. Which also helps significantly to extend the time in between fueling up, increasing the combined MPG!
Very few problems with this car. I wish the battery was a little more than 30-49 miles, but it is working great for us, and still feel comfortable and don't get mileage anxiety, if I have to drive across the state (Oregon). Great Car, super disappointed in Honda for discontinuing this car.

· Super Moderator
697 Posts
Congrats - same decision made here.

My wife drives it almost 100% EV for her daily commute.

So glad we purchased the lease as the buyout was way under current resale value - very pleased that HFS did not jack up the RV or added a fee at lease buyout.

Very disappointed that Honda did not extend, refresh or offer a different PHEV model as we are looking for a new EV currently and have orders in for the BMW i4 and Ford Mach E.

· Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
786 Posts
Congrats - same decision made here.

My wife drives it almost 100% EV for her daily commute.

So glad we purchased the lease as the buyout was way under current resale value - very pleased that HFS did not jack up the RV or added a fee at lease buyout.

Very disappointed that Honda did not extend, refresh or offer a different PHEV model as we are looking for a new EV currently and have orders in for the BMW i4 and Ford Mach E.
Your lease was a contract. HFS was required to meet the existing contract obligations, and as such could not "jack up the RV or added a fee at lease buyout."

Several lessees over on the Bolt forum bought out their leases and then sold their Bolt, for a very tidy (many $k) profit. It did leave them without a vehicle, though. I think you made the right choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.