Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I have a 2018 Plug-in. I noticed on my drive home from work, my HV range is stuck on 199 miles for the entire trip. I thought this was odd since I had just filled up this morning. I just stopped and put a gallon in to fill the tank back up and it remained on 199.
The actual fuel readout appears to be correct. Any ideas what could be the reason?

· Registered
731 Posts
Are you sure you're looking at the fuel range and not the current trip MPG, which maxes out at 199?

· Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
786 Posts
IIRC, there was an issue with some early Clarity PHEVs that the gas gauge wouldn't reflect the correct tank contents after a fillup. I believe it was corrected by a S/W update. I've never seen this in my '21, but I've only ever filled the tank a handful of times.

· Registered
731 Posts
IIRC, there was an issue with some early Clarity PHEVs that the gas gauge wouldn't reflect the correct tank contents after a fillup. I believe it was corrected by a S/W update. I've never seen this in my '21, but I've only ever filled the tank a handful of times.
The bug would show something like 1,000 miles to empty.

· Registered
6 Posts
Greetings. I have a 2018 Plug-in. I noticed on my drive home from work, my HV range is stuck on 199 miles for the entire trip. I thought this was odd since I had just filled up this morning. I just stopped and put a gallon in to fill the tank back up and it remained on 199.
The actual fuel readout appears to be correct. Any ideas what could be the reason?
Had that on my 2018 early on before a SW update fixed it. Wouldn't update the range when topping off a nearly full tank.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the replies guys. After I topped off the fuel tank a couple of times, the estimated HV fuel range returned to normal operations. In doing some research, some have said there is a glitch if the gas cap is not re-installed properly after a fill-up. Not sure if that was it, but it saved me a trip to my Honda dealership to see the sit in amazement about knowing NOTHING about the Clarity model.

Cheers!

· Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
786 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies guys. After I topped off the fuel tank a couple of times, the estimated HV fuel range returned to normal operations. In doing some research, some have said there is a glitch if the gas cap is not re-installed properly after a fill-up. Not sure if that was it, but it saved me a trip to my Honda dealership to see the sit in amazement about knowing NOTHING about the Clarity model.

Cheers!
Unfortunately, "orphan" vehicles don't get the continued love other product lines do, and the Clarity family definitely fits this descriptor.

Sadly, it's only going to get worse, which is why resources like this forum are critically important for owners like us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts