Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a specification for the max amount of weight I can put in the trunk? I’m doing a garden project and am loading up some sand and rocks. I got probably 600 lbs (270 kg) in the trunk and started to worry about the suspension clearance. Is there a max weight?

·
Registered
2020 Clarity Touring
410 Posts
Is there a specification for the max amount of weight I can put in the trunk? I’m doing a garden project and am loading up some sand and rocks. I got probably 600 lbs (270 kg) in the trunk and started to worry about the suspension clearance. Is there a max weight?
The maximum load for the car is 850 pounds. That includes all passengers and cargo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. However I’m assuming that they plan that the 850lbs is distributed among the front and rear wheels. In my case almost all the weight (600 lbs) is being carried by just the rear suspension - and that’s my concern. Is there not a separate spec for weight in the trunk? Or does anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
2020 Clarity Touring
410 Posts
Thanks. However I’m assuming that they plan that the 850lbs is distributed among the front and rear wheels. In my case almost all the weight (600 lbs) is being carried by just the rear suspension - and that’s my concern. Is there not a separate spec for weight in the trunk? Or does anyone have experience with this?
Well, to be fair they do say that the 850 pounds includes weight on the trailer hitch which is behind the rear wheels. I think you’d be ok with 600 pounds in the trunk especially if you’re not driving fast and you’re driving a fairly short distance. I’d be more concerned with how the weight could affect handling, brakes, wheel alignment, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts