Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a survey for the 2021 Clarity from Honda. I made sure that I let them know I was very happy with the car, but clearly unhappy they did not include proximity sensors, BSM, rain sensing wipers or auto on/off high beams. I know it is too late for the Clarity, but if they release the car again in another year or two with updated styling they should be aware these are important items.
Has anyone heard if Honda is working on a full electric model to replace the hole in their lineup?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just received a survey for the 2021 Clarity from Honda. I made sure that I let them know I was very happy with the car, but clearly unhappy they did not include proximity sensors, BSM, rain sensing wipers or auto on/off high beams. I know it is too late for the Clarity, but if they release the car again in another year or two with updated styling they should be aware these are important items.
Has anyone heard if Honda is working on a full electric model to replace the hole in their lineup?
I'll be replying to mine today. I plan to mention a similar list, especially BSM and proximity sensors, but will add surround/top-down view as a significant oversight.

·
Super Moderator
508 Posts
I hear you but do understand this model was designed pre 2017 era for the Japanese market, built in Japan, adapted for north America.

It was mostly a beta test model for the US market with the PHEV, BEV, and FC options.

With their data and government credits for the past 3 years, Honda has discontinued the entire line for the north American market.
I am keeping her for at least 10 years (battery warranty).

I was hoping they would come out with the much rumored Pilot & Ridgeline EV / PHEV.

Since I haven't heard of any updates from Honda, I am ordering the Ford F150 Lightning EV truck as soon as the 2022 rolls out...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My hard copy survey is over 100 questions. This us a completely different survey than the online version I completed a week ago. The questions are very detailed and require more thought.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My hard copy survey is over 100 questions. This us a completely different survey than the online version I completed a week ago. The questions are very detailed and require more thought.
Good! I've received those in the past from both the OEMs and JD Powers. The level of detail in them tells me they're serious about it. I always do them, knowing that my input has some small effect on the direction of automobile technology in the future.

Just as an aside, I've been on at least a half-dozen (10?) focus groups for various vehicles and manufacturers, starting in 1980 for a prototype pickup truck. (I had bought a Toyota SR5 pickup earlier that year.) Since 1997 (my first EV-1) they've all been for proposed electric vehicles, and they pay between $100-$300 for about four hours work. I got to see a lot of prototype EVs (and other vehicles) during that time, from many manufacturers. (NDAs prevent me from saying much more.) I still get invited about once a year, but turn them down. Been there, done that. I must be on a list, somewhere. If you've never done one, it can be fun, if for nothing else, just the novelty of it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts