Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been insisting with my dealer that test the battery capacity on the car I'm about to buy. He has been resistant but just sent me some info. It doesn't have the number in Ah that folks on this forum have suggested, but it's pretty clear this is all I'm going to get from him. It's a new car. Here is what I got-- could anyone tell me if this looks good?

He highlighted "Individual Cell MIN SOC" which is at 79.9% as the info on the battery.

Also confused about "Battery Charger VAC Low" saying "failed". Anybody have any more intel on this stuff?

·
Registered
176 Posts
That reflects the current state of charge of the battery, and not its capacity.
What is important on that screen is the difference between the MIN and MAX values. There will be some variation between cells, but a big discrepancy indicates problems.

What you want them to pull is the Ah reading for the pack.
See this thread:
Battery Capacity Check

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hello,

I have been insisting with my dealer that test the battery capacity on the car I'm about to buy. He has been resistant but just sent me some info. It doesn't have the number in Ah that folks on this forum have suggested, but it's pretty clear this is all I'm going to get from him. It's a new car. Here is what I got-- could anyone tell me if this looks good?

He highlighted "Individual Cell MIN SOC" which is at 79.9% as the info on the battery.

Also confused about "Battery Charger VAC Low" saying "failed". Anybody have any more intel on this stuff? View attachment 574 View attachment 575
He's right there! He's already in Electric Powertrain data and he probably just needs to scroll up to see the Battery Pack Capacity. Send him the attached screenshot and tell him you need the one that is highlighted in blue in the screenshot.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

·
Registered
729 Posts
Does the dealer check this information for free if you are still under warranty?
Many do it for free especially if you are already in for other service, but some of them try to charge for it. The bigger problem is that most dealers don't know how to get the battery capacity. People who show the dealer the page from the PDI sheet (that's the screenshot that I attached to my previous message) seem to have no problems. But few people do that even after being advised to do so. Instead most people just walk in and verbally ask the dealer to check the battery, and they seem to go through endless struggles getting this information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts