Honda Clarity Forum banner

Headlights not bright enough

1065 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tommyboy
Is a way to adjust the headlights?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
These are LEDs, maybe try adjusting the aim?
The anemic headlights are a known gripe among members of this forum (especially if you have migrated from a Prius Prime, which has weapons grade headlights).
How do you adjust the Low beams Up or down?
is it even possible ?

The anemic headlights are a known gripe among members of this forum (especially if you have migrated from a Prius Prime, which has weapons grade headlights).
🤔Are they adjustable Up or down?
Are the lights adjustable up or down? And if they are how-do-you-do it?
Haha I cheated instead of subscribe to Honda TechInfo I Googled it. What came up was how to adjust an Accord. Then I found this eBay listing for a Clarity headlight and you can see the adjustment screw in pics 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10.

$999.99 for a used headlight, it's a steal....
Are your headlights not bright enough or are they misaligned? These are two separate problems.
Are your headlights not bright enough or are they misaligned? These are two separate problems.
Accurate analysis but practically misalignment is sometimes/possibly mistaken as dimness.

I for one have suffered from night-blindness yet find the headlights just fine….
Reactions: 2
Is a way to adjust the headlights?
Take a look at this that I posted:

(1) Added driving lights/LED light bars to my Clarity... | Honda Clarity Forum

I tried two sets of lights. The first set was cheap and didn't do much. The second set is very bright and solved my headlight-brightness problem. The second set are made by Rigid and are SAE approved. I think they cost $500 each or maybe $500 for the pair. I posted some photos of the results (photos that show what they look like installed, and how well the illuminate the road ahead while driving). They are high quality and look good, and I've had no problems with them.

My last car was a Prius Prime Advanced, and it had amazing headlights. I think that's a large part of why I didn't like the light from the Clarity headlights. The stock Clarity headlights alone just aren't anywhere near as bright as the Prius Prime Advanced's headlights.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
Take a look at this that I posted:

(1) Added driving lights/LED light bars to my Clarity... | Honda Clarity Forum

I tried two sets of lights. The first set was cheap and didn't do much. The second set is very bright and solved my headlight-brightness problem. The second set are made by Rigid and are SAE approved. I think they cost $500 each or maybe $500 for the pair. I posted some photos of the results (photos that show what they look like installed, and how well the illuminate the road ahead while driving). They are high quality and look good, and I've had no problems with them.

My last car was a Prius Prime Advanced, and it had amazing headlights. I think that's a large part of why I didn't like the light from the Clarity headlights. The stock Clarity headlights alone just aren't anywhere near as bright as the Prius Prime Advanced's headlights.
We both migrated from a Prius Prime Advanced. and yes, the headlights are not what they could have been.
Reactions: 1
1 - 12 of 12 Posts