Honda Clarity Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
I will try driving alternatively on EV and HV+ to see the MPG. Next time on the same trip I will try only HV and one full charge of EV.
I guess I'm lost again. I initially thought you were discussing the efficiency difference between HV and HV+, so I offered a suggestion on how that could be tested. But then I thought you clarified that no you were only talking about how fast HV+ charges in different scenarios, so I suggested to test that. Now I'm no longer sure what you will be testing. But whatever tests you do it's all good, the more data points we have the better. I just hope you won't be using the MPG that is displayed on the instrument panel, because those are usually very inaccurate, or at least there is no way to know how accurate it is without verifying by gas consumption tests (i.e. tracking the actual amount of gas used).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m not impressed. I have traveled this trip more than ones but with no intention to find the precise value for MPG. Just recording the gas I spent. This time doing alternative EV and HV+ the result is disappointing. 805 km. I spent 49L of gas. The first time when I did almost the same trip, Driving just on HV plus 70km on EV, I have recorded 40L. The difference is huge. Sure it was sum time but still…..I switched 10 times from HV+ to EV, and was able to gain max 35 EV Km. each time but never used it down to 0. So maybe 250-280 in EV mode.
@2002 the reason was to find out the difference between strictly HV mode and alternate HV+ combined with the EV miles gained. If I didn’t make any mistake recording the gas spent on my first trip back in August,(40L) the difference is huge. Next trip will be in April. I’m storing my Clarity for the winiter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m not impressed. I have traveled this trip more than ones but with no intention to find the precise value for MPG. Just recording the gas I spent. This time doing alternative EV and HV+ the result is disappointing. 805 km. I spent 49L of gas. The first time when I did almost the same trip, Driving just on HV plus 70km on EV, I have recorded 40L. The difference is huge. Sure it was sum time but still…..I switched 10 times from HV+ to EV, and was able to gain max 35 EV Km. each time but never used it down to 0. So maybe 250-280 in EV mode.
@2002 the reason was to find out the difference between strictly HV mode and alternate HV+ combined with the EV miles gained. If I didn’t make any mistake recording the gas spent on my first trip back in August,(40L) the difference is huge. Next trip will be in April. I’m storing my Clarity for the winiter.
P.S.
@2002 the reason was to find out the difference between strictly HV mode and alternate HV+ combined with the EV miles gained. If I didn’t make any mistake recording the gas spent on my first trip back in August,(40L) the difference is huge. Next trip will be in April. I’m storing my Clarity for the winter.
P.S. Just couple of clarifications because English is not my mother's thong. I was gaining EV miles switching from EV mode to HV+ and not opposed as I said above 😂 and a misspelled word “sum time” is actually “summer time”.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lessons learned.
  1. Do not deplete the battery to 0 miles!
  2. On a long trip drive on HV mode!
  3. At the end of the trip use the EV miles!
  4. Engine struggles on the Freeway and uphill, when the battery is low! I depleted the battery down to 0 miles on my first switch to HV+ and it happened to be on a very slight uphill. It was pain in the …. until I went over the hill.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts