Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Model
52k miles. (Almost all miles electric)
Just had the 50k service done, I drive about 35 miles each way to work, one part is Up a mountain, the last few months I have been putting it into HV mode (not charge mode thou) to use some gas up the hill to and from work. This has never happened until after this service (the only thing that was supposed to be done was the oil change) What it seems to be doing is running the RPM's very high. Like it never makes it to a higher speed gear. Has anyone else run into this? See pic.
IMG_5376.HEIC.jpeg

·
Registered
616 Posts
Is this message on the screen constantly or just some of the time? Same question about the high revs, some of the time or all of the time? Other than the message and the high revs, does the car otherwise drive normally? No noticeable loss of power?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Take it back to the dealership. Either they didn't fill the coolant properly, which includes burping the system, or you have a coolant leak.

Reactions: 2002

·
Registered
616 Posts
Take it back to the dealership. Either they didn't fill the coolant properly, which includes burping the system, or you have a coolant leak.
On page 104 of the owners manual it says this message "Appears when the engine coolant temperature is near its upper limit. Drive slowly to prevent overheating"

In the owners manual it also lists a couple of other messages that can appear in more severe situations:

"Appears when the engine coolant temperature gets
abnormally high."

"Appears if there is a problem with the cooling
system. Drive slowly to prevent overheating and have your
vehicle checked by an authorized Honda Clarity Plug-In
Hybrid dealer as soon as possible."

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018 Model
52k miles. (Almost all miles electric)
Just had the 50k service done, I drive about 35 miles each way to work, one part is Up a mountain, the last few months I have been putting it into HV mode (not charge mode thou) to use some gas up the hill to and from work. This has never happened until after this service (the only thing that was supposed to be done was the oil change) What it seems to be doing is running the RPM's very high. Like it never makes it to a higher speed gear. Has anyone else run into this? See pic. View attachment 661
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

[IMG alt="Techcon1"]https://www.clarityforum.com/d3/avatars/m/2/2068.jpg?1619475075[/IMG]
Techcon1
thank you for sharing,
please keep us posted on the solution or the resolution of this issue, it seems important to me to understand such issue before it hit me when time comes for service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts