Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My gas meter on my dashboard stays at fall. Is anyone else having this issue?

Super Moderator
Yes, when the gas gauge does not move after driving around really makes people happy as gas prices are quite high.

We love our non moving gas gauge - all week long the 30 mile daily commute to work means no fuel consumed.

Plus if you do use it up on long distance trips, it's a small 7 gallon tank.

Registered
Yes, when the gas gauge does not move after driving around really makes people happy as gas prices are quite high.

We love our non moving gas gauge - all week long the 30 mile daily commute to work means no fuel consumed.

Plus if you do use it up on long distance trips, it's a small 7 gallon tank.
Yeah, my tank has been on about 5/8 for the last three weeks and I鈥檓 sure there are others who have gone much longer. I was pleasantly surprised this morning after an overnight charge that my range was showing 71.8 miles! And that鈥檚 pretty realistic from my experience so far driving around our flat little town at speeds generally not exceeding 40 mph.

Registered
2018 Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid Touring Modern Steel Metallic
Yeah, my tank has been on about 5/8 for the last three weeks and I鈥檓 sure there are others who have gone much longer. I was pleasantly surprised this morning after an overnight charge that my range was showing 71.8 miles! And that鈥檚 pretty realistic from my experience so far driving around our flat little town at speeds generally not exceeding 40 mph.
View attachment 674
Wow, that is a quite high EV mi range you've got there! Probably having/using it in Eco mode helped up the mileage a bit. I personally use the Sport mode each chance I get to utilize the EV/engine to their heightened capabilities. Probably another reason why my mileage hasn't been the highest for quite some time (also using HV Charge mode destroys my HV mileage for sure!).

Registered
Wow, that is a quite high EV mi range you've got there! Probably having/using it in Eco mode helped up the mileage a bit. I personally use the Sport mode each chance I get to utilize the EV/engine to their heightened capabilities. Probably another reason why my mileage hasn't been the highest for quite some time (also using HV Charge mode destroys my HV mileage for sure!).
Yeah, I drive pretty conservatively in Eco mode all of the time. I accelerate slow and gradually and I anticipate stops. My all time highest EV range, so far, occurred a few days ago. It was 78.0! And I know it鈥檚 pretty accurate because I just drove 61 miles between charges and the range still indicated 12.1 miles remaining and 6 bars left on the battery gauge. The weather has been nice so far so I鈥檓 not using AC yet.

Registered
In Southern Utah this time of year we are using the A/C 100% of the time. That takes some mileage away, but I am not complaining as most of my trips are well under the EV range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts