Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I recently completed a map update and received the correct indicators that it was completed properly. However, the highway exit numbers, which changed over a year ago here in Massachusetts, are still not showing correctly. I am interested to know whether others have found the same? I spoke with Garmin, who said that they use Here maps and it's possible that Here hasn't put through the updates yet, however, they couldn't confirm, nor could they say when the next update would be. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'll update my wife's car this weekend, but will continue to use Android Auto and Google Maps for my navigation.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Touring White Pearl, SO CT
80 Posts
I've had that experience too, with missing POI's that have been around for ages and renumbered exits. It still hasn't figured out the correct directions to my house from an exit, only .5 miles away. Hopefully the renumbered exits will be updated in a year or so, lol. I do use it, but cautiously.

·
Registered
2018 Clarity PHEV Touring
3 Posts
Hello. I recently completed a map update and received the correct indicators that it was completed properly. However, the highway exit numbers, which changed over a year ago here in Massachusetts, are still not showing correctly. I am interested to know whether others have found the same? I spoke with Garmin, who said that they use Here maps and it's possible that Here hasn't put through the updates yet, however, they couldn't confirm, nor could they say when the next update would be. Thanks for any info.
Same here: new map updates, but without MA renumbered exits. I reported to Garmin that the project is completed in Massachusetts -August 2021... no answer. We can only hope they're working on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts

It seems Garmin only updates the Honda map only once a year released around September 2021(Map 2022.0) compared to the main Garmin products every quarter (Current Map Version: 2023.10 (North America) as of February 2nd, 2022), Our head units are capable of running the mainstream maps, Here's the current map> Use Garmin express to reinstall 2022 maps on a USB drive after it's done downloading close Garmin express out completely(Exit on the taskbar as well next to the clock) leaving the USB drive in> Next go to the USB drive open the folder named Garmin and Overwrite the files from the clarity2023_10Garmin.zip Clarity - Google Drive , after it's done go to the car and install. It may say update failed just ignore it(GarminDevice.xml = The XML file is looking for the 2022.0 version).
<UpdateFile>
<PartNumber>006-D2338-44</PartNumber>
<Version>
<Major>20</Major>
<Minor>22</Minor>
</Version>
<Path>Garmin</Path>
<FileName>gmapsupp.img</FileName>

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems Garmin only updates the Honda map only once a year released around September 2021(Map 2022.0) compared to the main Garmin products every quarter (Current Map Version: 2023.10 (North America) as of February 2nd, 2022), Our head units are capable of running the mainstream maps, Here's the current map> Use Garmin express to reinstall 2022 maps on a USB drive after it's done downloading close Garmin express out completely(Exit on the taskbar as well next to the clock) leaving the USB drive in> Next go to the USB drive open the folder named Garmin and Overwrite the files from the clarity2023_10Garmin.zip Clarity - Google Drive , after it's done go to the car and install. It may say update failed just ignore it(GarminDevice.xml = The XML file is looking for the 2022.0 version).
<UpdateFile>
<PartNumber>006-D2338-44</PartNumber>
<Version>
<Major>20</Major>
<Minor>22</Minor>
</Version>
<Path>Garmin</Path>
<FileName>gmapsupp.img</FileName>

View attachment 932

View attachment 933
Update successful. Thank you.
It'll be interesting to see how Garmin express reacts when a future update occurs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I updated my map last December, following the instructions from this forum. It worked well. Unfortunately, the map is the same. Some newer streets are still showing me driving off road (there is a lot of new construction and new roads going in here (reminds me of Orange County during the 1970s). I will wait until this coming December to update it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update successful. Thank you.
It'll be interesting to see how Garmin express reacts when a future update occurs.
I'm in Massachusetts too, where the exits have all been renumbered for over a year and was disappointed when the exit numbers stayed the same after the 2022 Garmin update. Will this approach result in me getting the most recent Garmin map that includes these renumbered exits?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Massachusetts too, where the exits have all been renumbered for over a year and was disappointed when the exit numbers stayed the same after the 2022 Garmin update. Will this approach result in me getting the most recent Garmin map that includes these renumbered exits?
Yes, it updates MA maps with renumbered exits. Caveat: cannot use Garmin Express for other updates as G.E. will try to reinstall the old 202 update.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts