Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,
I bought me a salvage clarity with a mild degree of damage and getting the parts has been worrisome.
While I found most parts (missing trunk glass) by now I did get these replies from multiple honda websites:

Sorry to say that the part you ordered (73711-TRT-A01 - Glass Set) is unfortunately on national back order with no expected date at this time. It could be several weeks/months before it becomes available again.

So far I now there is a national backorder for bumper cap, trunk glass, daytime light.

With the clarity now discontinued by Honda (bad timing I would say if the green deal is/was approved), I worry parts will stop being produced.

Does anyone else have had problems sourcing parts as well?
Would you say this is a pandemic issue or a permanent problem that we will face from now on. Meaning getting in a mild accident will total your car due to a lack of parts.

·
Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
362 Posts
Hi there everyone,
I bought me a salvage clarity with a mild degree of damage and getting the parts has been worrisome.
While I found most parts (missing trunk glass) by now I did get these replies from multiple honda websites:

Sorry to say that the part you ordered (73711-TRT-A01 - Glass Set) is unfortunately on national back order with no expected date at this time. It could be several weeks/months before it becomes available again.

So far I now there is a national backorder for bumper cap, trunk glass, daytime light.

With the clarity now discontinued by Honda (bad timing I would say if the green deal is/was approved), I worry parts will stop being produced.

Does anyone else have had problems sourcing parts as well?
Would you say this is a pandemic issue or a permanent problem that we will face from now on. Meaning getting in a mild accident will total your car due to a lack of parts.
What you've found is true with a lot of items sourced from overseas.

I think I see my BIL's new refrigerator on a container ship offshore from Huntington Beach, CA, awaiting a berth in LA/LB harbor. He ordered it in October.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully it is just a logistics issue that will resolve sometime next year, by the looks of it.
If that's the case then I am not as worried.
That's a lot of spoiled food :0, jajaja.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got rear ended and needed to replace the rear bumper and lights. It took around one month and a half for the collision center to find them. I was told the bumper was on back order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts