Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some shortcomings with our new Clarity PHEV, I knew about several of them prior to purchasing, some I am finding out about now: no auto dimming side mirrors, (still looking for tips about converting or glare reducing film) and no valet switch in a lockable glove compartment as what the accord has.

I would have bought the Clarity anyway, even with these shortcoming known ahead of time, so many advantages, and the 10,300 dollars off my negotiated price curtesy of the US and Washington State taxpayers. I have been subsidizing Tesla, Leaf, Volt, and Bolt owners, so thought it time to get some of those taxes back!!

The Accord has a lockable glove box, and a switch to disable the trunk release. Honda has some quirky rational when it comes adding and subtracting features, such as the Touring model not having memory seats in Canada etc.

So does anyone have a simple method of disabling the trunk release? It is no hardship to use the fob to open the trunk. My wife often locks her purse in the trunk, and then there are the expensive gifts she often buys for me that need to be securely locked. (lol):

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m not sure what good disabling the trunk release would be. If somebody breaks in your Clarity, all they have to do is press the door unlock button and then they can open the trunk from the outside, right? Are you talking about disabling it in a manner so that only the remote will open the trunk?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts