Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a Clarity, but may have to get it shipped from afar. There are slightly better prices on '20 Honda Clarity than '21 Clarity. Just wondering what I might be missing out on if I went for '20?

-I'm guessing blind spot monitor is only on '21 from what I've seen (vs. that LaneWatch camera)
-I also read someone had a problem with their ACC not slowing down automatically on downhills. Is that something changed between '20 and '21?
-Anything I should know about the differences would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm looking at buying a Clarity, but may have to get it shipped from afar. There are slightly better prices on '20 Honda Clarity than '21 Clarity. Just wondering what I might be missing out on if I went for '20?

-I'm guessing blind spot monitor is only on '21 from what I've seen (vs. that LaneWatch camera)
-I also read someone had a problem with their ACC not slowing down automatically on downhills. Is that something changed between '20 and '21?
-Anything I should know about the differences would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
No changes between 20 and 21. The 2021 model still has LaneWatch not blindspot monitor.

I have however heard about the reported change in how ACC works on downhills. The person who reported it owned cars from both years and noticed the difference. They say Honda told them that is how the car is designed to work, although they gave no explanation why it worked differently on prior years.

·
Super Moderator
457 Posts
Do let us know where you purchased the Clarity if outside California ?

We have others who ask about the special order process from other states' dealers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not the most helpful answer-- but my driver's license is Los Angeles and I'll be back there in a few months. I'm relocated to NC temporarily, but will still buy the car as a CA resident, might even have to have it sent to my brother in LA to await my return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts