Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has experienced hearing what sounds like the doors locking in your Clarity Plug-In while driving? It's not the door locks but it sounds like it but a little softer and will make the sound over and over again - day, night, fast, slow, belt buckled, unbuckled, EV, Gas - there's really no rhyme or reason. If anyone has experienced this, let me know. If you know what it is and know the fix, even better. Please reply.

·
Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
657 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has experienced hearing what sounds like the doors locking in your Clarity Plug-In while driving? It's not the door locks but it sounds like it but a little softer and will make the sound over and over again - day, night, fast, slow, belt buckled, unbuckled, EV, Gas - there's really no rhyme or reason. If anyone has experienced this, let me know. If you know what it is and know the fix, even better. Please reply.
I know it's not the same vehicle, but over on the Bolt forum, such a clicking noise was traced to the brake booster. It may be worth a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've heard the same sound. Just recently bought a 2018 pre-owned Clarity plug-in. I'll be bringing it to a local Honda dealer soon to have them take a look. Kind of sounds like a servo motor attached to something inside the dash. Probably HVAC-related if I were to guess. Sounds like it's continually trying to adjust itself but definitely doesn't sound like it's working properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts