Honda Clarity Forum banner

Clarity PHEV newby!

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ClarityGrayGhost 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm from a rural suburb of Montreal, Quebec and a PHEV newby, just received a 2019 Clarity Touring that is replacing a Honda Ridgeline, I commute everyday to work, about 140 km. It will be charged at home using a Level II charger and at work it will be charged using a 120 volts outlet (not the best), I try to have that changed.

Always been a Honda fan, from S2000 to Ridgeline, it will be interesting going green.

And looking forward on saving gas!!!

PHEV newby!!

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new car. I have had one since Sept 1 and have slightly over 6000 trouble free miles, I too like Honda products, I have owned or lease several Acuras, so I was comfortable with the transmission push button selectors and familiar with the LKAS system.

Never have been to Montreal before but I have a trip scheduled for mid April this year.

#7 ·
Good day everyone,

Fantastic car!

For the new buyers, if you purchase the 2019 Touring, it does not come with electric seats and memory, you still get Navi, leather, etc.

So not sure it's worth paying for the Touring package, the basic should be sufficient.

Being a northern resident, I needed winter tires, so I got the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 size 245/40-18, wider and better handling, the OE size limits your choices.

Now to try and test the plugin hybrid technology.

#10 ·
Hi, I have a L2 charger and the most I get on a full charge is 55 km. Living in a cold environment (between -15 to -25), it will be hard to get more mileage out of the battery. Some mornings, when I start the car, it starts in the HV mode and has it gets warmer, the EV mode jumps in.

I look forward increasing the EV mileage with the warm weather on the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.