Temperature in my garage is over 100 degrees. When I plugged in my 110 volt charger, I hear a motor turn on. Is that a motor for a coolant? Is there a danger in charging over 100 degrees?
How do you know if your battery is degrading? Will it charge up to fewer and fewer miles?Yes, the motor/fan sound you hear is for the coolant system. One thing I've found that helps your battery charge better inside a garage is to leave the door or doors open about 4-6 inches to allow for airflow. Using a box fan to circulate the air in the garage also helps.
Not only will this help your battery charge slightly faster, but it can also help reduce battery degradation due to heat.
Yes. As a battery ages/degrades, its capacity (the amount of work it can do) is reduced. Capacity is best measured in electric terms (amps, kws) not the estimated EV miles on the guess-o-meter which also uses efficiency (how you drive) in its calculations.How do you know if your battery is degrading? Will it charge up to fewer and fewer miles?
That's how my '11 Volt shows it. Indicated range on a full battery slowly degraded. Other than that, it still performs as expected.How do you know if your battery is degrading? Will it charge up to fewer and fewer miles?