Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for how other Clarity Owners have dealt with the limited cell phone placement issue. I use my cup holder for coffee so that's out and hate the idea of laying flat on the dash so mostly put in the below shelf.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I put mine on the lower shelf and use either Android Auto (if I'm navigating) or just the Bluetooth interface.

Reactions: moedawg140

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking for how other Clarity Owners have dealt with the limited cell phone placement issue. I use my cup holder for coffee so that's out and hate the idea of laying flat on the dash so mostly put in the below shelf.
For two years I use Apple CarPlay and lay my plugged in phone on the flat spot next to the cup holder using a cheap silicon phone sized mat bought on ebay. Works fine but occasional have to rinse the mat when it gets dirty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just installed these two mats. One on each side of the console (trimmed). Even though the surface is curves our phones hold tight. Thank for the tip.
Ganvol 2 Pack Premium Anti-Slip Car Dash Sticky Pads 5.3 x 2.7 in, Cell Phone Dashboard Holder, Radar Detector Non-Slip Mat, Heat Resistant, Don't Stink, Leave no Residue

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid Touring Modern Steel Metallic
9 Posts
Hi JimO! I have also found issues with cell phone placement, and I've found out that putting the iottie "Easy One Touch 4" mount (purchased at my local Best Buy) on the A-pillar on the driver side helped immensely. It helped me to view horizonal apps like YouTube (😅) easily, and vertical apps like Waze (🚗) easily. Here are pictures to help show where the mount is:

Easy One Touch 4 location - Driver Side A pillar
IMG_9974.jpeg

Suction location - Driver Side A pillar
IMG_9975.jpg

Side view
IMG_9976.jpg

I make sure to push the mount in each time before exiting vehicle so mount doesn't get caught on dashboard trim
IMG_9978.jpg

Another view - Easy One Touch 4 extended
IMG_9979.jpg

This is what I see with my iPhone XS secured in the Easy One Touch 4 Mount
IMG_9980.jpg

Outside view of the Easy One Touch 4 mount - suction location
IMG_9981.jpg

Here are pics to show where I route the Anker PowerLine + III 6ft Lightning cable - Silver (purchased at a local Target on sale):

Attached to main USB port
IMG_9994.jpg

Up and around the touchscreen
IMG_9995.jpg

This is where the cable ends so I can pick it up and plug it into my iPhone XS and have enough room to safely operate the vehicle
IMG_9996.jpg

I hope this helps anyone interested in trying something like this!

Reactions: palalechat
1 - 8 of 8 Posts