Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can home charge now, and I have a time of use electric rate plan, so I want to set my car so I can plug it in when I get home and it won't start charging until 9pm. I've seen some videos about how to do this but I cannot find the "settings" selection (the icon is a gear) in the Driver Information Interface. I probably customized this menu long ago and I cannot figure out how to re-customize it.

Help please.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It’s been so long since I set mine for TOU, I’ve forgotten the specifics but it’s in the CENTER display under vehicle settings I believe. Or not. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I found it finally and my car is plugged in and apparently not charging (the green light it blinking). In 30 minutes it should start charging.

·
Registered
57 Posts
L1 is cheap but it’s slow. L2 is faster but it’s more expensive. The faster L2 chargers will fill the Clarity in about 2.5 hrs.

Many say that quicker doesn’t matter much during the middle of the night but that faster rate is really beneficial when one needs a quick charge during the day or just to get a few more miles to run an errand, etc. Also see: preconditioning the cabin.

Also, remember that the vehicle can “self-charge” by pushing and holding the HV button to change to HV+ Mode where the ICE charges the battery to 57% (max). One needs to pencil the math to see if this makes economic sense if doing this on a regular basis.

·
Registered
212 Posts
L1 is cheap but it’s slow. L2 is faster but it’s more expensive. The faster L2 chargers will fill the Clarity in about 2.5 hrs.

Many say that quicker doesn’t matter much during the middle of the night but that faster rate is really beneficial when one needs a quick charge during the day or just to get a few more miles to run an errand, etc. Also see: preconditioning the cabin.

Also, remember that the vehicle can “self-charge” by pushing and holding the HV button to change to HV+ Mode where the ICE charges the battery to 57% (max). One needs to pencil the math to see if this makes economic sense if doing this on a regular basis.
The included OEM EVSE can be used at 240V AC, if you build an adapter *. That should get you a ~2.6 kW (240V x 11A) charge rate, which can fill the Clarity PHEV (17kWh) in less than seven hours.

*Build and use at your own risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts