2018 Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My wife and I went somewhere the other day and she wanted to leave her purse in the trunk. She could not do this because of the feature that prevents you from locking your keys in the car.

Is there anyway around this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not that we've found. We just took her fob off her key ring (and into my pocket) so the safety feature wouldn't trigger when putting her purse in the trunk.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think it is a great feature. Keeps you from accidentally locking you key in the car. Like when you leave your key in your golf bag as an example. This is not a new feature to Honda. It was there in both my previous Acuras.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good feature that needs a way to override it. Just like overriding the scheduled charge with a push of a button on the remote transmitter. Not being able to lock a purse in the car with a key is idiotic if you have a 2nd key (transmitter) with you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
not sure it works on Honda's but my previous Toyota's had a similar feature and the way to override it was to just use another remote from outside the trunk/car and lock it using that. never used that much and so far haven't needed it for my clarity, so not sure about it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I absolutely love the no lock your key in car feature. I inadvertently locked my key in my previous Honda Accord twice at great convenience. For us absent minded types it is a blessing and fortunately I have pockets. Moreover I usually need my keys for lots of other purposes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts