Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all, can I upgrade my in entertainment system/tablet thingy to GPS on my base 2021 Clarity? When I called the dealership they said they were not sure.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Or you could simply use Android Auto or Apple Car Play and run your GPS from your phone through to the display.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or you could simply use Android Auto or Apple Car Play and run your GPS from your phone through to the display.
I do, but I also hike quite a bit and would like a back up when I don't have cell reception.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have them but for some reason android auto won't let me use them.
I use downloaded maps all the time with Android Auto. Android Auto itself doesn't care where the map data comes from. Have you updated the maps for the area you're going? Google Navigator won't use out of date maps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use downloaded maps all the time with Android Auto. Android Auto itself doesn't care where the map data comes from. Have you updated the maps for the area you're going? Google Navigator won't use out of date maps.
Didn't mean to be daft, I just realized I hadn't enabled location on my phone. This is why it wasn't working. My last car was a 2002, still new to all this new stuff.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Didn't mean to be daft, I just realized I hadn't enabled location on my phone. This is why it wasn't working. My last car was a 2002, still new to all this new stuff.
Dilbert's Principle - Modern society is so complex we're all stupid somewhere.

Glad you figured it out.

I've been in the back country where there was no cell signal and Google Navigator figured out how to get home from there using downloaded maps. When not on the cell network you won't get traffic or suggested route changes, but everything else works. Using downloaded maps also keeps your data usage down. I can drive from Denver to New Hampshire and back and use less than 500 MB of data because I have all the maps downloaded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts