Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Touring White Pearl, SO CT
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just noticed an ad for a Clarity specific trailer hitch. I know it's not recommended in the owner's manual but I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience or knowledge relative to towing a small camping trailer. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Touring White Pearl, SO CT
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not towed with my 2" Ecohitch, but I wouldn't try with anything above half of it's stated capacity. That's been my personal spec-to-usage limitation my whole life. (I'm a very cautious EE.) For the Ecohitch, half would be 150 lb tongue weight and 1500 lb towed. I don't exceed the 150# tongue weight for my e-bike and rack, either, but it comes close.

I didn't install a trailer light kit on my '21 Clarity PHEV Touring, but I did on my '21 Bolt Premier. I've looked at tiny travel trailers, but requiring an internal commode is very choice-limiting.
Thanks for your thoughts EV Nerd and what you recommend sounds very reasonable to me. I've been thinking of looking for a small folding camp trailer and will keep that in mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.