Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Californians: I bought my Clarity in Sep 2020. The CPA who does my taxes is telling me that he doesn't know what I'm talking about when I told him that I should get $1000 tax credit on my CA 2020 taxes. Did I really miss the chance to get $1000 by not applying at cleanvehiclerebate.org within three months of purchasing the car?

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
The California CVRP is a rebate check sent direct to you. Unless you bought the car from a San Diego dealer where they may have applied the amount on your behalf and that discount applied to the purchase. Check your purchase contract.

There is NO federal deduction for this CVRP rebate. You apply online direct to CVRP and wait for your check.
You should still be able to apply for the $1000 CVRP until funds run out.

I applied in 2019 for my PHEV Clarity and got a $1500 check sent by mail direct to me.
I also applied for the $7500 Federal Tax credit which was applied against what ever taxes were prepaid that resulted in a refund that year.
Finally, the $1000 local utility company rebate check from SCE was nice to offset the additional electricity charges.
Plus the HOV carpool solo access stickers from DMV was the cherry on top!

·
Registered
147 Posts
You should still be able to apply for the $1000 CVRP until funds run out.
Applicant Eligibility
Eligible applicants must meet requirements that include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Be an individual, business*, nonprofit or government entity that is based in California or has a California-based affiliate at the time the rebated vehicle is purchased or leased.
  • Meet income eligibility requirements at the time application is received.
  • Submit a CVRP application prior to exhaustion of available rebate funds and within 3 months of the vehicle purchase or lease date†. Vehicles purchased or leased prior to December 3rd, 2019 have an 18-month eligibility window in which to submit an application.

Since the 3 month window has passed, the OP does not qualify for the rebate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts