Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten Apple CarPlay to work wireless over Bluetooth on their Honda Clarity? It works over USB of course, but I know some vehicle brands support it without needing to plug in, too.

·
Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
476 Posts
Good lord! Please just do a search on this forum. It's been discussed at length elsewhere.

Mods, please add this to one of the multitude of threads on this same topic, or simply delete this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the warm welcome to the forums here. 🙄 I had done a search for Apple CarPlay and wireless on the Clarity models on this forum before posting. It's possible you've found posts that answer my question, but instead of linking me to any of them, you decided to spend your time to vent here in an unproductive way.

·
Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
476 Posts
Love the warm welcome to the forums here. 🙄 I had done a search for Apple CarPlay and wireless on the Clarity models on this forum before posting. It's possible you've found posts that answer my question, but instead of linking me to any of them, you decided to spend your time to vent here in an unproductive way.
Please don't paint all of the forum users with the same brush as me. The vast majority seem to be more polite, (and less frustrated) with repeat thread starters as I.

Do a simple search for "wireless" on these fora, to find some stuff on wireless CarPlay and AndroidAuto

Nobody does CarPlay (or Android Auto) over Bluetooth. Bluetooth doesn't support the bandwidth for video or graphics-heavy applications, like maps. For those vehicles so equipped, Bluetooth is normally used to establish handshaking between the phone and vehicle, and then hands off communications to a dedicated WiFi channel, that has a much higher bandwidth. The Clarity doesn't natively support wireless CarPlay or AndroidAuto, but there are a couple of third-party dongles out there that can be added. Links to those products are in the other threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts