Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone been successful in scheduling charging with the app. I can enable it but when I try to change the times I get an error message. Anyone have a trick to get it to work?
I use the start charging time from my car. (Using the cog setting in the center display.) I haven't seen any issues with doing it that way.

One of the reasons I did that was because I don't have consistent mobile data coverage where I park. That was causing issues with having the app start the climate controls so I didn't rely on it for starting charging.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I use the start charging time from my car. (Using the cog setting in the center display.) I haven't seen any issues with doing it that way.

One of the reasons I did that was because I don't have consistent mobile data coverage where I park. That was causing issues with having the app start the climate controls so I didn't rely on it for starting charging.
If you set a charge schedule with the app, the schedule will run even if the car doesn't have cell connection when the appointed time arrives. That's because the charge schedule is stored in the car, so whether you set the charge schedule from inside the car using the gear icon or set the schedule remotely using the app, it works the same.

Climate scheduling on the other hand is different because the climate schedule is stored on the Honda server not in the car. That's why you can't set a climate schedule in the car using the gear icon, you can only set it using the app. If you set a climate schedule and then when the appointed time arrives the car does not have cell connection, climate won't start.

For me the app works great for charge scheduling. In the rare cases when the app doesn't work I have to go out to the car and set the schedule. Climate scheduling however was hit and miss when I tried it so I don't bother with scheduling climate, I just try and remember to turn it on using either the app or the fob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts