Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep looking around for a small dash cam put don't want to have a wire from the 12v plug. I also don't want to hardwire to fuse panel. Anyone find a plug adapter that goes on the mirror and adds a usb plug? I found this and it says it will work but I was seeing if anyone else has any experience with this product or another solution.

·
Registered
2018, Honda, Clarity PHEV Touring
203 Posts
You'll have to compare this specification as I quote with your camera power requirements:

• Recommended for cameras requiring less than 2A at 5V for optimal heat performance
So less than 10W, or more specifically 5V and less than 2A if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I keep looking around for a small dash cam put don't want to have a wire from the 12v plug. I also don't want to hardwire to fuse panel. Anyone find a plug adapter that goes on the mirror and adds a usb plug? I found this and it says it will work but I was seeing if anyone else has any experience with this product or another solution.

no but I made one myself with parts from aliexpress for $6 (+ $1 for 12v > 5v adapter on ebay)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here's the power cord with ODBII connector (sirry, not a USB). It doesn't fit every Rexing, but I know it fits the V1P, V1GW-4K and their base model. I bought these right off the rexing website. The cameras and cords were cheaper directly from them than buying on Amazon. White Liquid Fluid Font Handwriting
Sleeve Packaging and labeling Font Material property Liquid

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking to not have to deal with running a cable and just use the mirror power. The item I linked above connects between mirror power connecter and adds a usb power spot to plug into eliminating the need to run power cord from under dash or OBD. I was seeing if anyone has any experience with them before I bought one. Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Running the power cord is really simple. Just run it up by the mirror power and push it gently into the headliner. It can easily by pulled down away from the windshield to allow you Running it to a A-pillar. Run it down the lead edge by the windshield and push it in between the panels along the base of the A-pillar. The only place you remove anything is the weatherstripping at the door frame for about 18 inches until you have access to the kick panel. Stuff the excess there and plug into the ODB II connector. It took me less than 5 minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts